Pages

Friday, March 17, 2017

Vacation Reading Piles Begin - #SOLSC Day 17


I love March, when during the Slice of Life Challenge, I commit to writing on a daily basis. It's fun during 31 days of posts to watch the ebb and flow of my writing. Some days I'll be incredibly pleased with how a post turned out; other days I'll just be glad I posted anything at all. A huge thanks to the gang at Two Writing Teachers for hosting, organizing, and commenting on this ginormous event each year. I appreciate the community of writers you encourage the entire month of March, and all the Tuesdays the rest of the year. Thank you, thank you.

**This March, I plan to connect as many posts as possible to my #OLW for the year - SAVOR.**


I came home and was having a totally chill Friday night - reading, binge watching Parenthood on Netflix, and catching the ends of some NCAA tournament games. The next thing I knew, I looked at the clock and it was 11:17 PM. And for several moments, I contemplated not posting today.

And then I glanced beside the TV, and I realized the topic for tonight: stockpiling for vacation reading. My book stack was piled high. It is so fun gathering books for a trip. It's gotten even more enjoyable as audio books have become part of our trip. So many choices, so little time:

  • Library books - ones I've reserved and others I found on the "new book" shelves. Some seem like worthy literature; others pure fun.
  • Audio books - Some cassettes from the library and more titles on my Audible app. My husband and I have really come to enjoy listening to a book together as we drive. I also have a book on Audible that will be my walking on the beach book; something I will enjoy, but I'm pretty sure my husband would not.
  • Book club book - My book club has decided to read the latest Fannie Flagg book for our next book club. That book had to come with me for sure.
  • Kindle books - I preordered some books awhile ago, which are waiting on the Kindle.
What a fun dilemma to have! I can't possibly read all of these and still enjoy the rest of our vacation together. But what wonderful choices to have!! My goal is to have the pile of books (which still has time to grow) winnowed down to what will fit in my library bag only. It's nice that the Kindle takes so  little space!


4 comments:

  1. Glad you took the time to post. Good luck choosing just the right books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite a pile! We have one more week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love vacation reading! I love planning for it and making book stacks almost as much as the actual reading. What a nice variety of books to keep you busy over vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that's one of the reasons I love vacations: more time for reading! I hope you enjoyed your break (or are you still on vacation?) and were able to read a lot!

    ReplyDelete